Date:      Thu, 17 Nov 2011 21:13:25 +0100
From:      Pav Lucistnik <pav@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Wietse Venema <wietse@porcupine.org>
Cc:        Sahil Tandon <sahil+freebsd-ports@tandon.net>, Renato Botelho <garga@FreeBSD.org>, Jase Thew <freebsd@beardz.net>, Kurt Jaeger <lists@opsec.eu>, freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.org, Chris Rees <utisoft@gmail.com>
Subject:   Re: "postfix-current" broken on amd64 platform

--=-ZdzetWsABd2/cH2SR/gI

Wietse Venema p=ED=B9e v =E8t 17. 11. 2011 v 13:23 -0500:
> Wietse Venema:
> > Jase Thew:
> > > It can occur when IPv6 is enabled, but you don't have any IPv6 addres=
ses=20
> > > configured on any interfaces. (Yes, having an IPv6 enabled interface=
=20
> > > with no addresses assigned is non-RFC3513 compliant, but it can and d=
oes=20
> > > occur).
> > Thanks, this is very helpful. That code has not changed in 6 years,
> > so we are looking at an incompatible change in build environment.
>=20
> Actually, a Postfix built-in default setting changed on 20110918.
>=20
> It now enables IPv6 unless this is turned off in a configuration
> file.  I can fix that at compile time, and thereby not trigger
> the error on build systems with unexpected IPv6 configurations.

This is interesting.

The build jails are configured to have only IPv4 address on lo0,
but the host have both IPv4 and IPv6 configured on its lo0.

Changing the jail configuration is possible but if a reasonable
workaround can be made in postfix-current port I'd prefer not to touch
pointyhat configuration (unexpected consequences and all that...)

--=20
--=20
Pav Lucistnik <pav@oook.cz>
              <pav@FreeBSD.org>
MIPS: Meaningless Information Provided by Salesmen

--=-ZdzetWsABd2/cH2SR/gI

--=-ZdzetWsABd2/cH2SR/gI--