Date:      Fri, 28 Sep 2012 19:16:04 +0200
From:      Peter Boosten <peter@boosten.org>
To:        Shane Ambler <FreeBSD@ShaneWare.Biz>
Cc:        Polytropon <freebsd@edvax.de>, Questions FreeBSD <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>, =?iso-8859-1?Q?Fernando_Apestegu=EDa?= <fernando.apesteguia@gmail.com>
Subject:   Re: Blender port

On 28 sep. 2012, at 17:26, Shane Ambler <FreeBSD@ShaneWare.Biz> wrote:

> On 17/08/2012 04:47, Fernando Apestegu=EDa wrote:
>> On Thu, Aug 16, 2012 at 12:29 PM, Polytropon <freebsd@edvax.de> =
wrote:
>>=20
>> No port seems to install that library (at least according to =
pkg-plist files).
>> Maybe you could file a PR
>>=20
>>>=20
>>> IRML - it seems to be the "Intel Resource Management Layer library.
>>> It is a work dispatcher used by Threading Building Blocks (TBB)."
>>> The tbb port (devel/tbb) however does not contain it. No port
>>> seems to mention it in its pkg-plist file. The google search
>>> results are very disillusioning, even more than the "typical
>>> Linuxisms" that sometimes hits a FreeBSD port... ;-)
>>>=20
>>>=20
>=20
> I'm not the blender maintainer but I compile the svn versions =
regularly and I'm the maintainer for openimageio which is a recent =
addition that blender uses for the cycles render engine. I use 9.0 =
amd64. I've just dusted off the old P4 and installed a clean version of =
8.2, updated the ports tree and started compiling everything, I'll see =
if I can get the same issue tomorrow.
>=20
> I'll assume you have your ports tree up to date and are building the =
latest version.
>=20
> Have you had an earlier version of blender running?
>=20
> The only reference to libirml I can find is as part of Intels compiler =
package and it doesn't appear to be a part that the freebsd ports =
version of icc installs. One guess is that you may be using icc or have =
in the past leaving a dependency that was built with icc.
>=20
> While libirml seems to have some relation to tbb I don't see any =
reference within devel/tbb. graphics/openimageio brings in the =
dependency for tbb so you could try turning off the CYCLES option in =
blender to turn off that dependency. libirml may also be related to =
openmp so try turning off OPENMP as well.
>=20
> Maybe try turning off some other options to help pinpoint where it =
comes from. CAMERATRACK CARVE CYCLES OCEANSIM are the newest additions.
>=20
>=20
>=20

Hi Shane,

Actually, compiling without Cycles did the trick, as instructed by the =
maintainer.

--=20
Peter Boosten