Date:      Wed, 18 Oct 2023 11:08:04 +0200
From:      Kurt Jaeger <pi@freebsd.org>
To:        Pat Maddox <pat@patmaddox.com>
Cc:        freebsd-python@freebsd.org, freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Seeking guidance on submitting several new Python-based ports

Hi!

> Is it reasonable to submit several ports as part of one PR?
> For my purposes, there are a handful of "leaf" ports:
[...]
> So on one extreme, I have to submit each port, one-at-a-time,
> in order. On the other extreme, I submit all 12 in one PR.
>
> How should I go about submitting these new ports?

If you add one port per PR and set the proper dependencies in each PR,
it's easy for several committers to work on those ports.

> Also, should I stay as the maintainer, or should I change them
> to python@freebsd.org because they are Python ports?

For the beginning, it's probably best if you stay maintainer, because
you understand best when a port can be upgraded so that it does not interfere
with the main application.

This can otherwise become a problem (see gitlab-ce and the python
ports it depends on).

--
pi@FreeBSD.org         +49 171 3101372                  Now what ?