Date:      Sat, 29 Nov 1997 13:48:14 +1030
From:      Mike Smith <mike@smith.net.au>
To:        "Adrian Pavlykevych" <pam@polynet.lviv.ua>
Cc:        emulation@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Q:Using SCO libraries under FreeBSD (COFF convertor?)

> I'm having problem with RDBMS access - all available drivers are for
> SCO, so do libraries needed by PD drivers.

This isn't even vaguely true.  Which RDBMS are you using?  There's a
freely-available ODBC client kicking around, which should get you
talking to just about anything.

> Is there any way to convert SCO libraries into format recofgnizable
> by FreeBSD linker?

Not trivially, no.

> I've installed GNU binutils and tried to convert library from
> COFF-i386 to a.out-freebsd. Operation went smothly, but function
> references remained without leading underscore - so they were not
> accessible for linker.
>
> What I'm missing/doing wrong?

If you're hopeful that you're that close, you can try munging the names
in the ex-SCO library.  Hit it with a binary editor and then use hidden
#defines in your code to map names, eg.

For a function 'zworp' in the library, rename it to _worp, and then add
a define in your code:

#define zworp(arg, arg, arg) worp(arg, arg, arg)

mike