Date:      Fri, 26 May 1995 11:08:45 -0600 (CST)
From:      Hector  Gonzalez Jaime <cacho@eureka.gdl.iteso.mx>
To:        Karl Strickland <karl@bagpuss.demon.co.uk>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD 2.x - can it run in 4Mb?

On Thu, 25 May 1995, Karl Strickland wrote:

> Im interested in installing FreeBSD 2.x on a 486/33 with only 4Mb of ram.
> The box acts as a dedicated internet router, routing between sl0 and two
> ethernet boards.

As of the 032295 Snapshot, it runs with 4 megs, but I couldn't be
installed with 4 megs, so as a workaround, I put some extra chips on the
system for installation, and when all was installed and extracted I
returned the original 4 megs to the system, and it worked great.

Specifically, during installation, when the bindist was extracted 4 megs
were insufficient, even with a 16 megs swap partition on the system, I
don't know if it was active.