Date:      Mon, 07 Dec 1998 15:07:06 -0500
From:      Rob Miracle <rwm@tansoft.com>
To:        FreeBSD-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   NFS Wierdness

I had asked about this earlier but I really need to find out what is going
on with this.  On our machines that attach to our NFS server we get
messages like:

/kernel: nfs server nfs.domain.org:/nfsmountpoint: not responding
/kernel: nfs server nfs.domain.org:/nfsmountpoint: is alive again

The time stamp between these two is usually in the 0 to 5 second range.

The NFS server reports no errors.  We have 12 nfsd: server processes
running on the NFS server and 20 nfsiod (nfsiod -n 20) processes running.
The machine has an 100mbit ethernet card and is on a switch.  There are
about 15 machines accessing the NFS server and these messages show up on
all of them.

Any ideas?

Rob