Date:      Fri, 11 May 2012 08:28:45 -0400
From:      Carmel <carmel_ny@hotmail.com>
To:        FreeBSD <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Cc:        itetcu@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Problem with SSL ans "net/sendemail"

Error message:

invalid SSL_version specified at /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.14.2/IO/Socket/SSL.pm line 308

This is generated by the "sendEmail" program. The "net/sendemail" port
compiled with SSL support.

make showconfig
===> The following configuration options are available for sendEmail-1.56:
     SSL=on "Enable SSL support"

This was working fine until today. This all started after a reboot of
the system.

ssh -V
OpenSSH_5.4p1_hpn13v11 FreeBSD-20100308, OpenSSL 0.9.8q 2 Dec 2010

openssl version
OpenSSL 1.0.1a 19 Apr 2012

It appears I have two different versions of OpenSSL installed. I
deliberately installed the newer version and placed this in the
"/etc/make.conf" file:

WITH_OPENSSL_PORT=yes

I have no idea what happened or how to correct this problem. I tried
rebuilding Perl and the two ports listed in the "sendemail" port and
the "sendemail" port itself without a satisfactory result.

By the way, I noticed that "OpenSSH 6.0" was released April 22, 2012.
Are there any plans to get that into the ports system, or better yet,
replace the aging base system?

--
Carmel ✌
carmel_ny@hotmail.com