Date:      Wed, 26 Sep 2001 18:20:04 -0700
From:      Kris Kennaway <kris@obsecurity.org>
To:        Julian Elischer <julian@elischer.org>
Cc:        Kris Kennaway <kris@obsecurity.org>, Peter Wemm <peter@wemm.org>, Paul Saab <ps@mu.org>, hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: librsa and 4.4

--ReaqsoxgOBHFXBhH

On Wed, Sep 26, 2001 at 11:12:17AM -0700, Julian Elischer wrote:
>=20
>=20
> On Wed, 26 Sep 2001, Kris Kennaway wrote:
>=20
> > >=20
> > > libcrypto.so.1.gz.uu and libssl.so.1.gz.uu need to be MFC'ed.  This s=
hould
> > > have been done before 4.4-REL as well.
> >=20
> > Um, they were MFCed a long time ago.  Julian probably didn't have
> > compat4x enabled.
>=20
> We installed directly from released images..
> there was no option to install "compat4X" in the 4.4 installer.

I could have sworn there was..

> In the old systems we would have had to install
> librsa in some form or other.
> now these functions are 'standard' in some way but some programs still
> want to "see" librsa on the system, so we should have a way of saying
> "yep.. it's there" =20

Yes, it's taken care of by the compat4x distribution.  It includes the
verions of the openssl libraries which used to be "international"
(don't require librsausa) but which can now be distributed to US
people as well.

The solution to your problem is to install the compat4x libraries.

Kris

--ReaqsoxgOBHFXBhH

--ReaqsoxgOBHFXBhH--