Date:      Thu, 9 Feb 1995 21:47:07 -0700 (MST)
From:      Scott Mace <smace@metal-mail.neosoft.com>
To:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   intermittant bus errors and segfaults with optimizing >O2

A while back I upped the optimizing level for everything in /usr/src to O2 -m486
and it seemed to work ok, as of late, I seem to be getting weird signal 11's
and stuff intermittantly about 1 per week.  Today I tried to optmize O3 -m486
and /usr/src didn't finish...  makeinfo died when built the info pages in /usr/src/gnu/usr.bin/texinfo...

I'm recompiling with just -O -m486 now to see if they totally go away...

	Scott