Date:      Thu, 30 Aug 2001 16:36:23 +0100
From:      Ceri <ceri@techsupport.co.uk>
To:        Raymond Wiker <Raymond.Wiker@fast.no>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Should URL's be pervasive.

On Thu, Aug 30, 2001 at 05:27:00PM +0200, Raymond Wiker said:
> Ceri writes:
>  > On Thu, Aug 30, 2001 at 11:10:18AM -0400, Leo Bicknell said:
>  > >
>  > > I ran into a pair of all too common annoyances this morning that
>  > > got me thinking.  Via the magic of cut and paste I ended up with
>  > > the following two sorts of command lines:
>  > >
>  > > mutt mailto:bicknell@ufp.org
>  > > traceroute http://www.ufp.org/
>  >
>  > Please don't do this.
>  > FreeBSD is not a web browser.
>
> 	mount some.server:/usr/src /usr/src

   mount /usr/src from some.server on /usr/src

> 	scp user@some.server:file .

   copy file from some.server to ., using user's privileges

> 	fetch http://some.server/file

   fetch file from some.server using the http protocol

WTF is ``traceroute http://www.ufp.org/'' supposed to mean ?

As for ``mutt mailto:bicknell@ufp.org'', according to RFC 2822,
mailto:bicknell@ufp.org; is a valid group address, so how do you
want to deal with that (yes, there's a semicolon required, but that just
introduces more fun when dealing with shells) ?

Ceri

[changing my reply-to address as I'm off home now]

        # It is 'dead'. -- Jack Cohen