Date:      Mon, 29 May 2006 19:17:02 -0500
From:      "Nic Reveles" <nreveles4@hotmail.com>
To:        freebsd-amd64@freebsd.org
Subject:   assembly code?

Does anyone know where I might find non-convoluted assembly code for amd64
architecture?  Everything I can find is to x86 32 bits... Do we still use
"int 80h" to call the kernel?

I am hoping to find out which registers need to be set to what for which
functions, etc.  Preferably 'yasm' style or something similiar...

Someone suggested writing code in C and looking at the assembly with gcc -S
mycode.c, but it is a real mess.  After a lot of work I was able to figure
out how to exit the program:

; exit program
mov eax, [RETURN VALUE]
ret

If anyone has any good online resources, I would be more than grateful.  A
"hello world" example would be great!