Date:      Wed, 24 Oct 2001 10:47:12 +0100
From:      "James Raftery" <JRaftery@wrdp.com>
To:        "Phil Mannle" <pmannle@micron.net>, <freebsd-isp@freebsd.org>
Subject:   RE: named/bind guru question

mypersonalfranchise.com is delegated to
    ns1.myp.tv (63.105.159.191)
    ns1.uspeed.com (63.105.159.211)

ns1.uspeed.com isn't responding.

Your problems are mostly with the zones that your nameservers
are in. The myp.tv and uspeed.com zones have many problems:

MYP.TV ZONE:
-----------
myp.tv is also delegated to ns1.myp.tv and ns1.uspeed.com.

ns1.myp.tv doesn't know it's own IP address. If queried for the A record
of ns1.myp.tv is gives a SERVFAIL. Actually, it thinks ns1.myp.tv is
delegated to ``63.105.159.191.myp.tv'', which doesn't exist.

    Try:
    dig @63.105.159.191 ns1.myp.tv. a
    dig @63.105.159.191 ns1.myp.tv. any

It's other nameserver, ns1.uspeed.com says ns1.myp.tv doesn't exist!

    Try:
    dig @63.105.159.211 ns1.myp.tv. a

The TV zone has different nameservers for myp.tv from the myp.tv zone.

    Try:
    dig @ns1.nic.tv myp.tv. ns
    dig @63.105.159.191 myp.tv. ns

USPEED.COM ZONE:
uspeed.com is delegated to ns1.uspeed.com and ns2.uspeed.com
(208.37.53.185). Neither of these are answering DNS queries.

Regards,
james