Date:      Fri, 15 Jun 2012 18:28:51 -0400
From:      Allen <Unix.Hacker@comcast.net>
To:        freebsd-advocacy@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Why Are You Using FreeBSD?

On 5/31/2012 4:58 AM, David Chisnall wrote:
> Thanks to all who replied, both on and off list.  I've attempted to
> distill the replies that I got into a coherent summary.  I've put the
> draft on the wiki here:
> http://wiki.freebsd.org/WhyUseFreeBSD
>
> Feedback welcome!

I thought it was nice :) I personally have liked the way that both
FreeBSD and Slackware Linux have handled the Advocacy of the OS compared
to some others. Not sure why, I just do.

But it's nice to have this as well, because it's one thing to wear a
FreeBSD tee shirt under a FreeBSD hoodie while wearing FreeBSD Boxers
and using a Laptop covered in BSD stickers (Yea, I've done this), but
it's probably easiest when someone asks why you use it, to simply say
"Well, read this and see if you'd like it too, and it's free so you
don't have to pay if you don't want to, and you can install it very
easily, and configure every single aspect of it"

I think we all have our reasons that we use it, and it's nice to see
them kind of distilled into one place where you can send someone to
look, or, just see what other people are using it with, and why, and
what for, and maybe even get new ideas of your own.

For whatever it's worth; GREAT job!

-Allen / gore