Date:      Tue, 9 Aug 2005 01:31:42 +0200
From:      Chris Gilbert <Chris@LainOS.org>
To:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Panic during install on Sparc64 - Only with large HDD

As a follow up to my previous mail, I've got a bit more info on the crash.

It seems to not be specific to the large disklabel after all, but it still
only happens with the very large disk. (200GB)

Here are the messages I receive:

ad0: TIMEOUT - WRITE_DMA retrying (1 retry left) LBA=77596976
ad0: TIMEOUT - WRITE_DMA retrying (1 retry left) LBA=77597072

It spews these during the newfs stage.

Then, during file copying I get the following panic:

/mnt/usr: bad dir ino 756855 at offset 0: mangled entry
panic: ufs_dirbad: bad dir
cpuid = 0
KDB: enter: panic
[thread pid 79 tid 100038 ]
Stopped at      kdb_enter+0x3c: ta              %xcc, 1
db>

Any takers?

--
Thanks,