Date:      Sun, 1 May 2005 21:45:50 -0700 (PDT)
From:      "Freddie Cash" <fcash-ml@sd73.bc.ca>
To:        ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: problems with options

> On 2005-05-01, Chuck Robey scribbled these
> curious markings:
>> Any idea how I can arrange to capture a complete, recursive log
>> file, but not interfere with options?

> Have you thought of running the build under screen with 'log' active?
>  The OPTIONS part isn't too pretty (unless you run it through cat :),
> but you still get your complete build log.

Reading the man page for ports(7) shows a handy "config-recursive"
target that will show you the options screen for the port and all of
its  dependencies.  After that, you can do the normal "install" and
pipe it through tee.

--
Freddie Cash, CCNT CCLP        Helpdesk / Network Support Tech.
School District 73             (250) 377-HELP [377-4357]