Date:      Sat, 23 Sep 1995 18:51:45 +0000 ()
From:      Thomas Obermair <tommy@inlab.m.eunet.de>
To:        freebsd-current@freefall.freebsd.org
Subject:   Any coincidence between bug report 688 and the SIG11 problem ?

Hello,

I have since I am trying to install FreeBSD on my pentium 90 machine
(asus P565TP4XE mainboard) some problems. The first time I was installing
directly from the 2.0.5 CD-ROM I have a problem that is at it's best
represented by the bug report 688 (Page fault: supervisor write, page not
present) in GNATS. When I try to run different kernels (*-SNAP, current
etc..) the problem seems to change for me to the obviously well known
SIG 11/10 problem. For me the two problems seem to be basically the
same but it could be that there are two errors though.

OK, I would be glad hearing from you concerning the following questions:

- Does anyone have found the same coincidence between the two errors ?
- Does the SIG 11 problem exist in 2.0.5 for faster machines ?
- Does anyone run an asus P55TP4XE motherboard succesfully with freebsd of
  *any* kind at this time ?
- Does it make sense to run simply a (SIG 11 fixed) GENERIC kernel of
  current leaving the entire 2.0.5 installation unchanged (for a
  first time fix) ?
- Does anyone supply GERNERIC kernels of current for testing ? Where
  could I find them ?

Thank you all for your great work and patience,
Thanks for any reply,
Regards,
Thomas

___
Thomas Obermair         | Inlab Software GmbH
tommy@inlab.m.eunet.de  | Josef-Wuerth-Str. 1
Fax: +49 89 6411160     | 82031 Gruenwald / Germany