Date:      Sun, 22 Aug 2004 22:20:53 -0600 (MDT)
From:      "M. Warner Losh" <imp@bsdimp.com>
To:        midian@ihme.org
Cc:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: USB keyboard problems

In message: <20040820220601.G33344@midi.ihme.net>
            Markus H=E4stbacka <midian@ihme.org> writes:
: Hello list, I'm currently not subscribed, so please reply directly to=
 me =

: or CC me, thanks.
: =

: Ok, here comes the explanation of the problem, I recently upgraded to=
 =

: 5.2-CURRENT (Currently at 5.3-BETA1), and after the upgrade my USB =

: keyboard didn't work. I could turn on/off the numlock/capslock/scroll=
lock =

: lights but there was no response in other keys. Here's the informatio=
n I =

: got from dmesg when the keyboard was connected at bootup:
: ukbd0: Logitech Logitech USB Keyboard, rev 1.10/15.00, addr 3, iclass=
 3/1
: kbd1 at ukbd0
: uhid0: Logitech Logitech USB Keyboard, rev 1.10/15.00, addr 3, iclass=
 3/1
: =

: Now, after it was regonized in bootup, I tried to replug it in, to se=
e if =

: it was regonized again, but no. I only got messages about disconnecti=
on, =

: but no messages when I connected it again, dmesg:
: ukbd0: at uhub1 port 2 (addr 3) disconnected
: ukbd0: detached
: uhid0: at uhub1 port 2 (addr 3) disconnected
: uhid0: detached
: =

: The very same keyboard works on the ps2 with a adapter.
: =

: Please tell me if you want any more information, thanks.

Does it show up in a devinfo listing?

Warner