Date:      Fri, 24 Feb 1995 12:27:29 +1000 (EST)
From:      Ernie Elu <ernie@tinny.eis.net.au>
To:        freebsd-current@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Adaptec 1522A woes

I have an on-going problem that still occurs with the current version of
FreeBSD. I am running an Adaptec 1522A SCSI controller and every time I boot
the the access light on the card will function until FreeBSD finishes
it's RAM test then the light never comes on again. But wait there's more.
About 1 in every 3 reboots FreeBSD will load up to the message that says
waiting for drives to settle, then the drive light on the boot drive
(Quantum 540) will come on and the system is frozen and has to be powered
off.

The same computer can run Linux or Unixware without a sign of the above
problems. Any suggestions? I seems to point to a 1522A drive problem
I have reinstalled FreeBSD several times including all the recent snaps and
current kernel (via sup from freebsd.org) I have also tried several drives.

- Ernie.
    Elu Information Systems  - ernie@tinny.eis.net.au  Brisbane - Australia
                       "I ping, therefore I am."