Date:      Wed, 16 Aug 2000 13:51:44 -0700
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@zippy.osd.bsdi.com>
To:        "David DeTinne" <david@allunix.com>
Cc:        freebsd-sparc@FreeBSD.ORG, freebsd-arch@FreeBSD.ORG

> Is the sparc port really dead?

I'm not sure I'd say it was dead so much as lying deeply asleep,
waiting for a kiss from a prince of programming. :-)

In short, there are lots of SPARCs out there and lots of programmers
out there.  What we need now is one or more of those programmers to
actually start the ball rolling and convince more hacking talent to
join in, just as it happened with the Alpha port.

- Jordan