Date:      Mon, 9 Oct 1995 08:31:49 +0100 (MET)
From:      J Wunsch <j@uriah.heep.sax.de>
To:        freebsd-current@FreeBSD.org (FreeBSD-current users)
Cc:        rgrimes@GndRsh.aac.dev.com (Rodney W. Grimes)
Subject:   Re: hangs at Rebooting...

As Rodney W. Grimes wrote:

> This means your MB is broken such that we have no current way to make
> it reboot :-(.  It fails the keyboard reset, and fails to detect a
> CPU shutdown condition :-(.

Since we are at it:

Mine fails to reset whenever i'm using the sequence "halt" -> "Hit any
key..." -> "hit the anykey" -> "partial reset" -> "beep beep beep".
This is with both methods (kbd controller reset now, CPU shutdown in
old systems), and it _always_ works for the "reboot" case.  (It
neither works for things like "call cpu_reset" from DDB.)

The mainboard is a not-so-recent EISA mainboard, SiS chipset, Phonix
BIOS.

The "beep beep beep" seems to indicate that the video controller is
stuck after the reoboot (and no video memory found).  Any ideas?

--
cheers, J"org