Date:      Thu, 2 Sep 2004 13:08:39 +0100
From:      Scott Mitchell <scott+freebsd@fishballoon.org>
To:        Tijl Coosemans <tijl@ulyssis.org>
Cc:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: 5.3beta2 Xircom CEM56 attach returned 12

On Wed, Sep 01, 2004 at 02:40:58PM +0200, Tijl Coosemans wrote:
> Hi list,
>
> I'm having problems to get my Xircom card working. It doesn't seem to
> be able to allocate mem. I think in 4-stable it used 0xd1000. Anyway,
> I've set the syctl variabe hw.xe.debug to 2 and included the output
> below. The first thing I noticed was that it seems to think it's a
> RealPort card while this certainly isn't the case.

The only real difference between the REM56 and CEM56 is in the packaging,
so this is probably a red herring.  The driver behaves exactly the same
for either card anyway.

I'll have a look at this as soon as I can get beta2 on my laptop, which
will probably end up being at the weekend.  Thanks for getting the debug
output already.

> There are a couple messages related to this in the archives, even  a
> patch, but the code has changed since then and it no longer applies.

I think all the patches that were floating around a while ago did finally
get committed - could you send URLs so I can check I didn't miss anything?

> I'm using an OLDCARD kernel by the way. (NEWCARD doesn't seem to work
> with this ToPIC95B).

In the meantime, could you also send me your /var/run/dmesg.boot?

Cheers,

	Scott

Scott Mitchell           | PGP Key ID | "Eagles may soar, but weasels
Cambridge, England       | 0x54B171B9 |  don't get sucked into jet engines"
scott at fishballoon.org | 0xAA775B8B |      -- Anon