Date:      Tue, 19 Mar 1996 08:11:05 -0600
From:      russ@ism.net (Russ Pagenkopf)
To:        Stephen Fisher <lithium@cia-g.com>, Russ Pagenkopf <russ@ism.net>
Cc:        freebsd-hardware@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: help with new motherboard

Then at 7:28 AM 3/20/96, Stephen Fisher wrote:
>When it says boot: type -c and let it load the kernel off of the boot
>disk, then type "visual" and go through and disable everything you don't
>need.. and it should get by fine.  Make sure you don't disable the system
>console driver though =)

Well, this gets me a little further, I can now at least get through the
started. When I exit and save the visual configuration it goes to

probing for devices on the ISA bus

(I think, again it just flashes up there) and repeats the lockup problem.

But both Michael Smith <msmith@atrad.adelaide.edu.au> and Stephen Hocking
<sysseh@devetir.qld.gov.au> asked:

>You don't say what video card; my guess is you have a Mach64 in there
>somewhere.

Which is correct, the motherboard manual says it's a Mach64-CT SVGA
graphics controller. Is this the problem?

Stephen Hocking <sysseh@devetir.qld.gov.au> also asked:
>...do you have com3 and/or com4?

No, just com1 and com2.

TIA