Date:      Mon, 17 Dec 2001 14:29:42 +0000
From:      "Graham Dunn" <graham_m_dunn@hotmail.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Bridging vlan0 with de0

(Sent again, having problems trying to get this through)

Is this recommended / possible?

The situation:

Lan extension, vlan1 (10.5.0.0/16) and external IP block, vlan0
(x.x.x.x/27) arrive over a 802.1q interface (fxp0). I need to connect to
two other subnets, 10.0.0.0/24 (our internal space), and our DMZ
(x.x.x.x/27).

At present, I have de0 and de1 as interfaces to our internal IP space
(10.0.0.0/24) and the DMZ, respectively.

However, this presents a problem (I think), in that I now have two
interfaces onto the DMZ subnet: vlan0 and de1.

Can I bridge these two together, or is there a flaw in my design?

(10.5.0.1)
vlan1  |------|  de0 (10.0.0.0/24)
vlan0  |______|
(x.x.x.193) |