Date:      Sat, 11 Oct 1997 08:46:44 +0900 (JST)
From:      hosokawa@ntc.keio.ac.jp (HOSOKAWA Tatsumi)
To:        templin@erg.sri.com
Cc:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org, freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org, freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org, hosokawa@ntc.keio.ac.jp
Subject:   Re: pccard driver questions (FreeBSD 2.2.2-RELEASE + PAO-970616)

Okay, I answer the easier question :-).

In article <199710102015.NAA01520@grayling.erg.sri.com>
templin@erg.sri.com writes:

>> My second question has to do with the way slot controller chips are
>> probed. From looking at 'pcic_probe()' in sys/pccard/pcic.c, it looks
>> for all the world to me that only a single slot controller chip is
>> supported (i.e., there are no unit numbers, and there is only one
>> statically-allocated "slot_ctrl" struct). Is it true that FreeBSD
>> currently only supports one slot controller chip (which controls two
>> slots), or am I missing something? (I'm hoping the folks working on
>> -current might have some knowledge on this...)

slot_ctrl struct have per-controller parameters in it.  Not per-slot
parameters.  It can controll more than two slots, but it can't
controll more than two PC-card controllers.

The latest test version (found in
ftp://jaz.jp.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD-jp/PAO/test) have multiple
slot_ctrl struct, and it can controll more than two controllers.

Original:
static struct slot_ctrl cinfo;

Newer code:
static struct slot_ctrl controller_info[NPCIC];
static struct slot_ctrl *cinfo = controller_info;

One of my laptop machine has one PCI-1130 CardBus bridge that manages
two CardBus slots and i82365-compatible PC card controller that
manages one PC-card slot, and I can use all three slots under this
test code.

--
HOSOKAWA, Tatsumi
Network Technology Center