Date:      Fri, 7 Apr 1995 11:40:51 -0400
From:      Garrett Wollman <wollman@halloran-eldar.lcs.mit.edu>
To:        nate@sneezy.sri.com (Nate Williams)
Cc:        "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@morton.cdrom.com>, current@freefall.cdrom.com
Subject:   Re: Argh!  Another side-effect of Nate's changes?

<<On Fri, 7 Apr 1995 08:56:06 -0600, nate@sneezy.sri.com (Nate Williams) said:

> This ain't my problem.  It's broken on a 2.0R machine as well, and I'm
> not claiming responsibility of anything that far back.  It's possible
> that it's a side-effect of the problems I've been seeing, but it also
> may be something that is not-yet complete in the dl*() functions.

I think the problem is simply that static programs don't have the
_DYNAMIC information necessary to do dynamic linking.  Arguably, you
don't want them to.

-GAWollman

--
Garrett A. Wollman   | Shashish is simple, it's discreet, it's brief. ...
wollman@lcs.mit.edu  | Shashish is the bonding of hearts in spite of distance.