Date:      Tue, 28 May 1996 03:19:45 -0700
From:      "Amancio Hasty Jr." <hasty@rah.star-gate.com>
To:        "Jonathan M. Bresler" <jmb@freefall.freebsd.org>
Cc:        chat@freefall.freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: recent mail in yackers

> Amancio Hasty Jr. wrote:
> >
> > > 	first we had:	  cisco, love 'em or leave em
> > > 	then we enjoyed:  perl, better than C
> > > 	and now its: asm: loading to the left vs moving to the right?
> > >
> > > 	it must be an election year in the usa
> > >
> > > --
> >
> > Maybe is time for someone to create a *private* technical mailing
> > list which deals with mundane things like coding 8)
> >
> > Personally, I don't mine the volume on the hacker's mailing , I do
> > object to the type of non-related topics that has been surfacing
> > lately and the lack of OS discussions. Well, it feels that
>
> 	yes, that's just the problem, lots of junk and some good
> 	material.  scared to unsubscribe for fear or missing the
> 	good stuff that does go by....maybe we should start
> 	discussing the code here in chat.  lure them all in and
> 	then switch the technical material back to hackers ;)

Yeap, that will be a neat trick have them come over to chat and then
lock them all in here 8)

I suggested to create a different private technical list and  "Brian N. Handy"
<handy@sag.space.lockheed.com> shot me down .

So my next idea is to have a mediated mailing list either that or just
unsubscribe for a while and hope & pray that the useless postings stops.

At any rate, it seems that the noise has gone down on freebsd-hackers 8)

	Cheers,
	Amancio