Date:      Tue, 09 Dec 1997 03:01:44 -0500
From:      jcondon <jcondon@computer.net>
To:        Doug White <dwhite@resnet.uoregon.edu>
Cc:        Questions FreeBSD <questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: migrating to new disk

Doug White wrote:

> On Mon, 8 Dec 1997, Paul T. Root wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >       I bought a new disk yesterday and need to move my system over to
> > it. I bought Drive Copy to move Win95. The book made me think there was
> > a chance that it would move FreeBSD too, but it didn't. But it did, Windows
> > quite well.
>
> Check out http://www.freebsd.org/tutorials/diskformat/ for info.

Powerquest (makers of drive copy) have another product that MAY do the
job.  It is called Drive Image.

The litature on this claims it can copy (but, NOT resize) Unix
partitions.  You can upgrade from DriveCopy to
Drive Image for $15 through PQ.  I have used both products but, not on
Unix or Freebsd partitions.  I upgraded thinking I could copy and resize
but, it apperently can only copy and NOT resize.  So I will have to
reinstall to the new larger drive.  I may try it anyway if I do I will
report back here with results.