Date:      Wed, 8 Jan 1997 17:41:21 +0100 (MET)
From:      Hans-Joachim Gurt <gurt@mail.nacamar.de>
To:        "questions@freebsd.org" <questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   PPP

Hello,

seems I'm not alone with my PPP-Problems...

I have the PPP from FreeBSD 2.1.5, from walnut-creek-CDROM, Aug.96.
I can enter the term-command, and tell my modem to dial - all
by hand.  It will connect ok, PPP at the dialin-machine starts,
and I can login there - but only while staying in PPP.
(Documentation say, I should open a telnet in _another_ virt.console)

Problems:
- connecting via commandline and ppp.conf
  doesn't work properly: it dials out, waits, than hangs up.

- The other virtual consoles don't know about the connection,
  while it is up.
  "add 0 0 HISADDR"  in PPP.conf (or .linkup) does not
  add a route, and while I'm in PPP-term-mode, I cannot
  issue this command.
  And getting out of term-mode closes the connection :-(

Any ideas ?

By(t)e,
 HaJo Gurt