Date:      Thu, 11 Nov 2004 19:19:11 +0000
From:      pgrunwald@comcast.net
To:        freebsd-scsi@freebsd.org
Subject:   Tape on Dell 2450, changes with no luck

I got another scsi cable and moved the tape drive to channel 1 on the PERC controller.  Again it is being seen by BIOS.

I also updated the firmware on the drive to 825B (used barts utimate windows boot disk and a USB drive...).

I'm still not seeing the drive under  5.3 GENERIC.

What else can I try to diagnose the problem?

Can someone who has this working tell me what their switch and jumper settings are set to?

TIA,
P.

Want to link to this message? Use this URL: <https://mail-archive.FreeBSD.org/cgi/mid.cgi?111120041919.28265.4193BB2E000D744900006E6922007637040B040E99029A9D099F>