Date:      10 Mar 1999 15:02:40 +0100
From:      Thierry.Besancon@lps.ens.fr
To:        "Richard Seaman Jr." <dick@tar.com>, Thierry Besancon <Thierry.Besancon@tournesol.lps.ens.fr>
Cc:        Pierre.David@prism.uvsq.fr, jt@ratp.fr, freebsd-smp@freebsd.org, besancon@lps.ens.fr
Subject:   Re: lockmgr() panic

Dixit "Richard Seaman, Jr." <dick@tar.com> (le Wed, 10 Mar 1999 07:54:17 -0600) :

>> On Wed, Mar 10, 1999 at 02:08:40PM +0000, Thierry Besancon wrote:
>> > So, does anybody have an idea about why my problem occurs ?
>> >
>> > Any fix ?
>>
>> How up to date is your source tree?  I believe Alan Cox committed
>> changes to vm_grow_stack and to mincore that were designed to
>> fix this problem.  I forget the exact date of the commits, but
>> the latest is probably not more than a week old.

It's 3.1-RELEASE, plain stock.

Given it is a production machine, I generally don't keep in sync with
current source tree. I freeze a configuration and I keep it over time
up to a next major release.
Of course, I'm willing to solve my problem so I can update the kernel
source tree if it gives a working and stable kernel, something that
might be in production without any new trouble during weeks... :-)

        Thierry

ps: I gonna subscribe to commit mailing list...