Date:      Thu, 9 Oct 2014 14:34:45 +0000
From:      Steve Wills <swills@freebsd.org>
To:        Robert Burmeister <Robert.Burmeister@UToledo.edu>
Cc:        ruby@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD Port: graphics/rubygem-cairo

On Thu, Oct 09, 2014 at 06:39:10AM -0400, Robert Burmeister wrote:
> FreeBSD 10.1RC1 i386.
> Not a great time to bump the default version of Ruby!
>
> I have not been able to build rubygem-cairo since the 1.12.9 update.
> Was building fine previously.

I still haven't been able to figure out why this isn't building for you.
Perhaps you could tar up the work dir and put it somewhere so I could grab it
an examine it?

> Upgraded to Ruby 2.0, as it is now the default.

Not sure this is related.

> Set make.conf DEFAULT_VERSIONS=ruby=2.0

No need to do that if you want 2.0, it's default already.

> and portupgraded ruby\*
>
> rubygem-cairo is still trying to use Ruby 1.9.
>
> gem_make.out
> > /usr/local/bin/ruby19 extconf.rb --build-args
> > checking for GCC... yes

How odd. Perhaps you could show me your complete make.conf and src.conf again,
just in case?

Steve