Date:      Tue, 8 May 2001 16:05:49 -0700 (MST)
From:      "Chad R. Larson" <chad@DCFinc.com>
To:        juha@saarinen.org (Juha Saarinen)
Subject:   Re: CFLAGS Optimization

As I recall, Juha Saarinen wrote:
> :: The risk is the same in Linux; they both use gcc, and it's gcc which
> :: has the optimizer bugs.  It's more common to use absurd gcc
> :: optimizations in the Linux community for some reason (perhaps they're
> :: used to code misbehaving, so additional brokenness from the gcc
> :: doesn't add much ;-)
> ::
> :: Just Say No.
>
> Hrrmm...  that's tantamount to saying Linux and FreeBSD has a
> fundamentally b0rken compiler.

Not "fundamentally" broken or else it couldn't generate a working
system.

Perhaps you'd be more comfortable if we changed the documentation to
remove all references to any -O switch with a number attached?

> -- Juha

	-crl
--
Chad R. Larson (CRL15)   602-953-1392   Brother, can you paradigm?
chad@dcfinc.com         chad@larsons.org          larson1@home.com