Date:      Thu, 6 Sep 2001 00:42:44 +0200
From:      "Sven Huster" <sven.huster@mailsurf.com>
To:        "Bob Martin" <bob@buckhorn.net>
Cc:        <isp@freebsd.org>
Subject:   RE: Non passwd logins

hi Bob,

at least courier imap (and included pop3) can auth users
against a mysql database. I am just eval this stuff.
plus postfix can use mysql, too, to get e.g. valid local
users.

isn't there also a auth module for proftpd?

all this maybe also works with ldap, but haven't checked.

then you use one/multiple uid for all user?

regards

Sven Huster
Senior Systems Engineer