Date:      Sun, 17 May 1998 03:10:56 +0900
From:      Kenjiro Cho <kjc@csl.sony.co.jp>
To:        Luigi Rizzo <luigi@labinfo.iet.unipi.it>
Cc:        isp@FreeBSD.ORG, hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Bandwidth limiter available

Thanks Luigi for the clarification.

In addition, modification to IF_DEQUEUE isn't enough.
There are several drivers that peeks at if_snd or use IF_PREPEND;
these operations don't work with multiple queues.
If the drivers are written not to use these operations, replacing
IF_DEQUEUE works fine.

More details are described in my paper available at
http://www.csl.sony.co.jp/person/kjc/papers/usenix98/

--Kenjiro