Date:      Mon, 29 Jul 2002 09:48:24 -0700
From:      "Michael C. Wu" <keichii@iteration.net>
To:        iwasaki@freebsd.org, mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   IBM s31 ACPI not working

Iwasaki-san,

  I have been running -current on my IBM s31. (The same as s30,
      but with wChinese keyboard)

  However, the cooling fan and lid switch does not function correctly.
  The cooling fan never runs, and it makes the notebook really hot.

  When I close the lid, it suspends to s1 , but when I open the lid,
  I have to push the power button to turn it on.

  Your s30 patch does not work anymore with not getting a ddb prompt
  on kernel boot.  Therefore, I am running without your patch.

  Most of the time, the ac line detection does not work.
  And the cpu speed is not changed when I pull the power cable or plug it in.
  The battery status is rarely a correct reading...

  VERY occasionally, the ac detection and battery status works.

  Would you mind helping me with these problems?

  The necessary info is on
  http://freefall.freebsd.org/~keichii/ibm_s31_info.tgz

  Thanks,
  Michael

  Here is a 'sysctl hw.acpi' output
  hw.acpi.power_button_state: S5
  hw.acpi.sleep_button_state: S1
  hw.acpi.lid_switch_state: S1
  hw.acpi.standby_state: S1
  hw.acpi.suspend_state: S3
  hw.acpi.s4bios: 1
  hw.acpi.verbose: 0
  hw.acpi.cpu.max_speed: 8
  hw.acpi.cpu.current_speed: 8
  hw.acpi.cpu.performance_speed: 8
  hw.acpi.cpu.economy_speed: 4
  hw.acpi.thermal.min_runtime: 30
  hw.acpi.thermal.polling_rate: 30
  hw.acpi.thermal.tz0.temperature: 3442
  hw.acpi.thermal.tz0.active: 0
  hw.acpi.thermal.tz0.thermal_flags: 0
  hw.acpi.thermal.tz0._PSV: 3681
  hw.acpi.thermal.tz0._HOT: -1
  hw.acpi.thermal.tz0._CRT: 3732
  hw.acpi.thermal.tz0._ACx: 3332 3352 -1 -1 -1 -1 -1 -1 -1 -1
  hw.acpi.acline: 1
  hw.acpi.battery.life: 194
  hw.acpi.battery.time: -1
  hw.acpi.battery.state: 2