Date:      Tue, 23 Jan 2001 13:31:55 -0500
From:      "Sean O'Connell" <sean@stat.Duke.EDU>
To:        Mike Smith <msmith@FreeBSD.ORG>, FreeBSD stable <freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Dell PERC 3 support?

Mike Smith stated:
: > So if I was buying a Dell 2450, I can get the Perc 3/Si upgrade for it
: > and use 4.2-STABLE?  Or would I have to goto current?  I had steared
: > away from this due to messages I had seen in December regarding these
: > controllers.  And was instead looking at just getting an Adaptec 3200S
: > instead.  But if I can buy it all from Dell, life would be a lot easier.
:
: You should be able to run -stable on the 3/Si, yes, and I believe that
: we've nailed down the stability issues now, so you should be fine.
:
: Obviously, if you have any problems, I'd like to know about them, but
: from the reports I have to hand so far, things are finally looking pretty
: good.

Mike-

Any idea why the sysinstall from today's -stable snapshot would not
recognize that the aac and all of its containers (all seen in
boot probe) were not installable? It claimed I had no disks available
(the 3 containers all were labeled with FreeBSD -current .. if that
makes a difference)

Sean O'Connell                                Email: sean@stat.Duke.EDU
Institute of Statistics and Decision Sciences Phone: (919) 684-5419
Duke University                               Fax:   (919) 684-8594