Date:      Tue, 3 Oct 2000 22:20:04 -0500
From:      Will Andrews <will@physics.purdue.edu>
To:        Paul Richards <paul@originative.co.uk>
Cc:        Jordan Hubbard <jkh@winston.osd.bsdi.com>, Christopher Masto <chris@netmonger.net>, Warner Losh <imp@village.org>, Kris Kennaway <kris@FreeBSD.org>, Joseph Scott <joseph.scott@owp.csus.edu>, Brian Somers <brian@FreeBSD.org>, cvs-committers@FreeBSD.org, cvs-all@FreeBSD.org, freebsd-security@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: cvs commit: src/usr.bin/finger finger.c

On Tue, Oct 03, 2000 at 11:40:21PM +0100, Paul Richards wrote:
> I think you're looking at it the wrong way around. The stable team
> wouldn't be putting in a lot of hours reviewing stable commits. Stable
> commits would only occur if the stable team did them i.e. no-one else
> would be allowed to commit to stable. The stable team would then monitor
> -current, noting commits that are bug fixes, and slating them for a MFC
> at a later date when it's felt they've had enough of a shakeout.

Uhm, I doubt you can come up with a comprehensive team of people who can
figure out the implications of X, Y, or Z to MFC.  This is a large
project, and everyone has different skills/knowledge about different
things.

Sorry, but no go on this.  I still think every committer should have a
couple other eyes lint their work.

--
Will Andrews <will@physics.purdue.edu> - Physics Computer Network wench
The Universal Answer to All Problems - "It has something to do with physics."