Date:      Sat, 28 Feb 2015 20:53:36 +0000
From:      "adrian (Adrian Chadd)" <phabric-noreply@FreeBSD.org>
To:        freebsd-net@freebsd.org
Subject:   [Differential] [Commented On] D1761: Extend LRO support to accumulate more than 65535 bytes

adrian added a comment.

I don't think we should be using the hash bits like this. There's even more hash types to add (all the variations on symmetric and non-RSS hashing; hashing XOR versus RSS, different fields, etc). I'd rather we don't make things more complicated by having the flowid/hashtype fields get more overloaded than they already are.

Let's see if we can do something more sensible by adding more flags; we can always look at growing the mbuf to include these new features. As I said before, there will be more features than this one coming in the pipeline so we will be better off if we list stuff that's in the pipeline so we can all figure out what new bits and what shuffling we need to do.

There's also robert's mbuf shuffling that needs to finish; once that's finished we may be in a much better situation to add fields. :-)

REVISION DETAIL
  https://reviews.freebsd.org/D1761

To: hselasky, rrs, glebius, gnn, emaste, lstewart, rwatson, bz, imp, np, adrian, jfvogel
Cc: freebsd-net