Date:      Tue, 11 Feb 1997 17:07:29 +0100
From:      Peter Olsson <pol@leissner.se>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Are these 3Com ethernet cards supported in 2.2?

I'm going to build a freebsd 2.2-server with two network-cards.

I have the following cards to choose from:
3Com Etherlink III 3c509B-TPO EISA
3Com Etherlink XL 3c900-TPO PnP PCI

I would like to use two PCI-cards if possible.

I read in the handbook that the drivers for 3c509 are (was?) buggy
and I can find nothing about 3c900.

If possible, how would I make this configuration available in the kernel?
There are ed0 and ed1 in GENERIC, but I don't see anything similar for 3Com,
just xx0. If someone has a configuration for two of the cards above, I
would be very happy to see the relevant configurationlines.

Thanks for your time!

Peter Olsson    pol@leissner.se