Date:      Tue, 14 Oct 1997 19:22:51 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Chuck Robey <chuckr@glue.umd.edu>
To:        "Greg...-*smile*-" <greg@oz.plymouth.edu>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: xwindows compiler

On Mon, 13 Oct 1997, Greg...-*smile*- wrote:

> hello all!
>

> i am new to this mailing list and...i was hoping some one could help me
> ..i am looking for some type of xwindows compiler.....one that i can compiler c/c++
> code on..any help would be a great help!

Greg, you've asked a confusing question.  If I asked you for a
recommendation for a 32 bit loaf of bread, you'd be confused a little,
right?  X Windows is a nice GUI windowing environment, not a language.  Do
you mean you want a compiler, or maybe some kind of program that eases the
job of creating user interfaces under X, or what?  I would like to answer
you, if I could only figure out what your question was.

Did you mean a C compiler that could be used, among other things, to
create X applications, maybe?

> thanks
> Greg
> greg@oz.plymouth.edu