Date:      Wed, 10 Apr 2002 00:54:58 -0400
From:      Josh Tiefenbach <josh@zipperup.org>
To:        mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Aironet cards and multiple WEP key support

Hi.

Does any of a way to convince the an driver to cycle thru multiple wepkeys
(similar to the auto_wep feature of the Linux driver)?

Or, much more interesting to me, a way to convince the driver to try cycling
between combinations of (SSID, WEP mode, WEP Tx key), looking for a tuple that
will cause the card to associate?

I know that the Windows driver has the ability to search thru multiple
profiles, but I'm not sure how much of that ability is due to the driver
itself, and how much to the ACU client util.

It would be awfully nice if my Cisco 350 automagically worked between the
office (SSID A, WEP on, WEP Tx key 1) and home (SSID B, WEP off) without me
having to do manual tweaking at either the office (to turn WEP on), or at home
(to turn WEP off, or change to a different wepkey).

josh

--
"A screaming comes across the sky"