Date:      Wed, 27 Aug 1997 03:01:02 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Ken Wong <wong@a17b32.rogerswave.ca>
To:        Simon Shapiro <Shimon@i-Connect.Net>
Cc:        FreeBSD-Hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Calling a Daemon from the Kernel - How?

I got something similar to what you are discribing. but not exactly...
it is more like the Send-Receive-Reply found in QNX ( microkernel OS).
it is basically allow a process passing message another process.
But then you can make a kernel to fake a dummy kernel process and
talk to the daemon.

with this machanism, one can built a microkernel freebsd if the
will is there.  Maybe I should ask the list if there is any demand
for the send-receive-reply be included in the kernel for future
development.