Date:      Thu, 5 Jan 2012 12:05:49 -0800
From:      Adrian Chadd <adrian@freebsd.org>
To:        Matthew Luckie <mjl@luckie.org.nz>
Cc:        freebsd-net@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: minipcie wifi card

OH!

On 5 January 2012 01:00, Matthew Luckie <mjl@luckie.org.nz> wrote:
> Hi
>
> I'd like to create a freebsd AP using my mini-itx board. =A0I have a mini=
-pcie
> expansion slot and am considering this wifi card
>
> http://www.habeyusa.com/products_show.php?id=3D361
>
> I currently run 8.2R but plan to upgrade to 9.0R.
>
> The main concern I have is that it lists its host interface as mini-pcie =
/
> USB, i.e. it might be a wifi card that is exposed to the system over a US=
> bus, which might not be optimal for a hostap.
>
> The docs say Atheros AR9285(MAC/Baseband/RF) with AR3011 -- I tend to thi=
nk
> the AR3011 is an error in their docs as the card is not advertised as
> supporting bluetooth, and because an AR9285 is apparently exposed over PC=
Ie,
> I tend to think the card will work fine as an hostap, but just want to
> double check.
>
> Anyone have any insight?

Yes, it's actually a dual Bluetooth + AR9285 NIC. I forget the card
identifier. But it's a perfectly fine AR9285 and it'll also
(hopefully) work with bluetooth.

The AR9285 is Mini-PCIe. The USB is just for the bluetooth IC. They're
joined together for doing bluetooth coexistence.

Awesome, if you're interested, I can start pushing out bluetooth
coexistence patches for you to test. Are you able to run -HEAD?

Adrian