Date:      Fri, 24 Mar 1995 00:50:53 +0100 (MET)
From:      J Wunsch <j@uriah.heep.sax.de>
To:        freebsd-current@FreeBSD.org (FreeBSD-current users)
Subject:   cvs group perm's

Is it just me, or are other folks also beaten by this:

Running a cvs update (from a CTM-mirrored CVS tree), every now and
then CVS aborts since it cannot create the read lock in some
directory.  (This is *not* running as root, of course.)  Obviously,
someone screwed the group permissions when checking in new/modified
stuff (i'm also guilty of this).  On freefall, it seems to be
``magically'' cures, but on my system at home, it kills CVS.

Shouldn't the commit script ensure the permissions are 0664?

--
cheers, J"org

joerg_wunsch@uriah.heep.sax.de -- http://www.sax.de/~joerg/