Date:      Mon, 10 Jun 2002 13:58:54 +0200
From:      Cejka Rudolf <cejkar@fit.vutbr.cz>
To:        Murray Stokely <murray@FreeBSD.ORG>
Cc:        portmgr@FreeBSD.ORG, hubs@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: ftp-master.FreeBSD.org is not friendly to the mirror servers

Murray Stokely wrote (2002/06/08):
> David O'Brien, myself, Peter, and several members of portmgr@ have
> access to ftp-master.  Usually, only the portmgr@ folks touch the
> packages.

Thanks. Since now I know, who is responsible for steps done on
ftp-master. Until now I thought that there were just unnamed
FreeBSD's daemons :-)))

I think that it would be good thing that everybody named by you
(everybody with write access to ftp-master) should be in hubs@
for better communication. Is it right idea? If I understand
correctly, in hubs@ there is just you, Murray?

> I can certainly see where the pain comes from.  I've forwarded this
> email to portmgr@ to make sure that the person who did this
> understands the ramifications so that it won't happen again.

Ha, portmgr@, ... So I'm trying to ask again with cc to portmgr@:
Please, is it possible to tell me (us), why there are updated
modification times of subdirectories in FreeBSD/ports/local-distfiles/
every day, even if there are not any visible changes in them? It is
very cosmetic and unimportant thing, but if this behaviour can be
easily modified to change modification time just with visible change
in subdirectory, it would be thankful.

--
Rudolf Cejka <cejkar at fit.vutbr.cz> http://www.fit.vutbr.cz/~cejkar
Brno University of Technology, Faculty of Information Technology