Date:      Fri, 26 May 1995 10:46:57 -0700 (PDT)
From:      "Rodney W. Grimes" <rgrimes@gndrsh.aac.dev.com>
To:        agl@redline.ru (Anthony Graphics)
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: 950412 hangs on ncr0 probing:

There have been no changes to the ncr.c driver since the 0412 SNAP
was made.

> ncr0 <ncr 53c810 scsi> rev 2 int a irq 9 on pci0:1
> reg 20: virtual=0xf4786000 physical=0xfbfff000 size=0x100

Can you provide information about what devices are on your
scsi bus?

Have you tripple checked that you have only the two ends of the scsi
bus terminated and nothing in the middle?

> I do believe the driver for NCR is much better in FreeBSD than in Linux,
> could somebody at least tell me _which_ kernel works on it.

The 0412 SNAP kernel is the latest and greatest as far as the NCR
driver goes:
RCS file: /home/ncvs/src/sys/pci/ncr.c,v
revision 1.36
date: 1995/03/31 00:05:08;  author: se;  state: Exp;  lines: +4 -12
Include <stddef.h> for standard definition of offsetof() instead of
defining it explicitly in the driver.
As you can see the last change was made 3/31, 12 days before the SNAP
was rolled.