Date:      Wed, 10 Mar 2004 12:28:20 -0500
From:      Don Bowman <don@sandvine.com>
To:        "'scsi@freebsd.org'" <scsi@freebsd.org>
Subject:   ASR, 5.2, rebuild

I have a system with a 6-disk raid-5. One of the
disks failed [light went red on the front
of the enclosure], and i have now swapped it.
I'm assuming (although i can't see from the
manual) that the asr will automatically start
rebuilding. Is this true?

Since asr-utils no longer work on 5.2, is there a way
with camcontrol or something to see that it
is rebuilding, and/or see the progress? I don't
want to take the machine down to go to the bios.

For a 6-disk raid with 15KRPM 75KB drives, is
there an estimation for the rebuild time?