Date:      Sun, 5 Jul 1998 19:10:22 +0930
From:      Greg Lehey <grog@lemis.com>
To:        "Numard (Norberto Meijome)" <numard@smartmedia.com.ar>, FreeBSD Questions <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: HELP!termio.h or termios.h

On Sunday,  5 July 1998 at 16:42:59 +1000, Numard (Norberto Meijome) wrote:
> Hi!
> i've downloaded libdes-4.0.1.tar.gz, and when i
> make x86-out
> i get:
>
> read_pwd.c:105: termio.h: No such file or directory
> make[1]: *** [read_pwd.o] Error 1
> make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/local/libdes'
> make: *** [x86-out] Error 2
> [root@smartnet libdes] # make clean
>
> i checked, & don't have termio.h (have termios.h, made a ln to it, did
> not work:
>
> read_pwd.c: In function `read_pw':
> read_pwd.c:247: storage size of `tty_orig' isn't known
> read_pwd.c:247: storage size of `tty_new' isn't known
> read_pwd.c:267: `TCGETA' undeclared (first use this function)
> read_pwd.c:267: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
> read_pwd.c:267: for each function it appears in.)
> read_pwd.c:300: `TCSETA' undeclared (first use this function)
> make[1]: *** [read_pwd.o] Error 1
> make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/local/libdes'
> make: *** [x86-out] Error 2
>
> i got this libdes from
> ftp://ftp.au.freebsd.org/pub/crypto/DES/
>
> but also found this, i really don;t know what to do...
> http://mirror.aarnet.edu.au/unix/freebsd/FreeBSD-stable/src/secure/lib/libdes/
> TIA!!

This is a pretty straightforward porting problem.  The package expects
termio, the old System V terminal interface, and all we have is
termios, the new POSIX interface.  They're not quite compatible.  To
port this package, you may find it helpful to read my book "Porting
UNIX Software".  As Doug White has observed, though, you probably
don't need this package.

Greg