Date:      Fri, 29 Dec 1995 01:11:24 -0800 (PST)
From:      Annelise Anderson <ANDRSN@HOOVER.STANFORD.EDU>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Installation Problem

I installed (or I think I did) FreeBSD 2.1 from the cdrom, on a second
SCSI hard drive.  OS2's boot manager (along with DOS/WIN 3.1) was on the
first SCSI hd.

In any case the installation was a breeze--very clear info on what to
do next etc.  I chose the option not to make any changes to the MBR, and
not to install boot manager.

Now when I attempt to boot (after the options to use setup, to use
the SCSI utility, and to do something with the GSI 11 floppy controller),
the next message (in big letters) is NO ROM BASIC, SYSTEM HALTED.

It boots fine from a floppy, but of course the boot manager doesn't
come up.

Would anyone know what "no rom basic" means and how I can fix this?

Thanks very much--

Annelise