Date:      Mon, 04 Nov 2002 14:21:48 -0500
From:      "Dan Langille" <dan@langille.org>
To:        ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   make -V COMMENT versus  make -V PORTCOMMENT

With recent changes to bsd.port.mk, I am updating FreshPorts to use
`make -v PORTCOMMENT` to obtain what used to be in pkg-comment.  I
noticed this issue with a recently committed port:

[dan@undef:~/ports/games/tome] $ ls
Makefile      distinfo      files         pkg-descr     pkg-plist
[dan@undef:~/ports/games/tome] $ make -V COMMENT
/usr/home/dan/ports/games/tome/pkg-comment
[dan@undef:~/ports/games/tome] $ make -V PORTCOMMENT
ToME is a roguelike dungeon exploration game based on JRR Tolkien\'s
works
[dan@undef:~/ports/games/tome] $

Given the new situation, just what should `make -V COMMENT` be
returning if pkg-comment does not exist?
--
Dan Langille